The Imperative Warning Symptoms of Black Mold Exposure
When it comes to the condition of your home and your health, black mold is no joke. Learn about the warning symptoms of black mold exposure immediately.
Mold seems harmless. It’s a sign you need to throw something out of the refrigerator.
However, there is a type of mold that can is not so innocent. It’s called black mold.
Black mold grows quickly in damp areas and can make you very ill. The symptoms of black mold exposure start out innocently but can do lasting damage if not stopped.
To keep your family safe from this in-home danger, read below on how to recognize black mold and the symptoms of black mold exposure.
Recognizing Black Mold
Black mold grows in places that are moist. It’s common in bathrooms, in older kitchens, and around any
There will usually be a few larger dots surrounded by smaller ones. If you see this black circular pattern, it’s time to call a professional to get rid of those toxic spores.
The Most Common Symptoms of Black Mold Exposure
It’s possible that you have black mold in your house in a place that isn’t visible. In fact, this is how it makes most people sick. The organic structure of the mold lets off spores (kind of like mold pollen) that get into the air and into your lungs.
If it’s not caught fast enough, it’s been known to be deadly. Thankfully the symptoms of black mold exposure are easily treatable if caught early.
Cold Like Symptoms
In the early stages of black mold exposure, it can feel like
If you have this symptom, what’s really happening is the mycotoxins from the mold spores are irritating your respiratory system.
If you notice that you’re more stuffy than you usually are at this time of the
If you’re feeling this way and getting more frequent nose bleeds, make an appointment with a doctor as soon as possible. Tell them what you’re experiencing and what you think the cause is.
Getting Sick Often
If left untreated, exposure can lead to bleeding in the nose and in the lungs. The mycotoxins, which are the part of the mold spores that are toxic, can cause weakened immune systems.
If you find yourself not feeling well more often than not, don’t chalk it up to “that bug that’s going around”. Follow the steps above to make a doctors appointment and call a mold specialist for your home.
Fatigue and Headaches
Fatigue is probably the hardest of the symptoms of black mold exposure to diagnose. Most of us are tired
Headaches are also common along with fatigue symptoms. Headaches are caused by irritation and the fatigue is caused by a chemical your body produces to try to counteract the mold’s effects.
If you notice any of these symptoms in you or your family members (especially those old or young), call an expert immediately. Their life could depend on it.